“And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see: or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read.”–Alice Walker, In Search of our Mother’ Gardens
Creativity is our superpower. Creativity is ancestral. Creativity is directly linked to joy. The Black Women + Creativity interview series showcases how Black women uniquely define and express their creativity. The intention of this series is to draw on the wisdom of 100 Black women; inspire people to light their creative spark and express it unbothered in the world.
The micro-interviews focus on 2 simple questions:
1. Fill in the blank: Creativity is _________.
2. How do you express your creativity?
3. What advice would you give someone who feels like they are stuck in a creative rut?
Check out the past interviews in the Black Women + Creativity Series:
- Interview #001 with Fenesha Hubbard
- Interview #002 with Joy Norris
- Interview #003 with Temara Moore
- Interview #004 with Dr. Denise Moore Revel
- Interview #005 with Tamyra Andrews (My Helps the People)
- Interview #006 with Dr. Adrianne Scruggs
- Interview #007 with Asia Monique
- Interview #008 with Jessica Williams (Tech Biz Gurl)
- Interview #009 with Brandy Hazzard (BeautyXBrandy)
- Interview #010 with Elizabeth Elie (Lizzie G)
- Interview #011 with Shantera Chatman (The Chatman Women’s Foundation)
- Interview #012 with N’Tirzah al Rephaim
- Interview #013 with Monica Terry (Lavi & Co Photography)
- Interview #014 with Donnie Nicole Belcher (Work with Donnie)
- Interview #015 with Dr. Tina Marie Andrews Parks
- Interview #016 with Keiaundra Pree (K. Assistant & KaiWai)
- Interview #017 with Anika Ray (Brooke Blaze)
- Interview #018 with Charmaine Moore (Face of Hope and Beauty)
- Interview #020 with Jamie Newtown Knight (Blended Black Family & Coco Blend)
Are you or someone you know interested in being featured in the Black Women + Creativity Series? Email email@example.com with “Black Women + Creativity” in the subject line!